Who Called Me From?
Who Called Me From? is an online phone lookup service designed to help you preserve your peace of mind and avoid falling victim to malicious calls. What we at Who Called Me From? do is turn unknown numbers into detailed personal information. That means that when you receive a call from an unidentified number, you can use our service to immediately get detailed information on your caller.
An unknown caller could be anyone. A friend who changed their phone number recently. A potential business client or employer. A telemarketer trying to convince you to buy something you do not need. A burglar pretending to work for a survey company in order to extract useful information from you. A scammer looking to cheat you out of your money.
Who Called Me From? may help you ascertain whether you should call back or potentially report the caller. It may help you better protect your privacy, stay safer, and lessen the time wondering who called you.
What Is A Reverse Phone Lookup?
A reverse phone lookup is a commonly used method that may help you learn more about the identity of an unknown caller. It is like using a phone book, just instead of searching by name and location, you search by phone number and get a report including the caller’s personal information.
In the past, reverse phone directories were published by various phone companies and used by the likes of law enforcement and private investigators. Technological advancements and the rise of the Internet have made these paper directories obsolete. At the same time, they have made reverse phone lookups readily available to everyone who may find them useful.
Nowadays, reverse phone lookup services are used by millions of people for hundreds of different reasons. Here are just some of the situations where you may want to learn more about the person behind the phone number:
- You are expecting an important call about a job you applied for recently. An unknown number appears on the screen of your phone. Is it your future employer or just a telemarketer? A reverse phone lookup may help resolve this dilemma.
- You keep getting calls from an unknown number, but as soon as you answer, the person hangs up. You are tired of these calls and want to know who is behind them, so you opt for a reverse phone lookup.
- You have met someone on an online dating site. You like this person and you have started talking on the phone and thinking about going out for the first time. To try and figure out if this person is who they claim to be, you can run a quick reverse phone search to help reduce doubts before the big date.
- You find a phone number written on a note on your desk. You probably wrote it down because it is important, but you cannot remember why. With a reverse phone lookup, you can try to evaluate whether it is a number worth keeping or one you do not need anymore.
- You have an ex who keeps calling you even though you broke up a while ago and you are already dating someone else. You have already blocked your ex’s number many times, but they keep getting new numbers. A reverse phone lookup can help you discover whether an unknown number in your call log actually belongs to your ex.
- You want to get in touch with an old friend but all you have is an old phone number. You can conduct a reverse phone search to try and find your friend’s fresh contact information.
- The holiday season is here and you have been getting a lot of spam calls recently. You cannot figure out if it is a relative whose number you have lost, a robocall or a Nigerian prince who started contacting you via phone instead of e-mail. A simple reverse phone lookup may help you learn more about the caller’s identity.
- Your partner keeps getting calls and messages from a number you don’t recognize. You are curious about who it may be, but you do not want your partner to think you are paranoid or jealous. A reverse phone lookup may help you learn more about who this person is without getting into a potentially unpleasant situation with your partner.
- You often buy products online. When a seller contacts you via phone to arrange a transaction, you can use a reverse phone lookup to try and ascertain whether you want to do business with this person or if you may be dealing with a scammer.
- You are being referred to a new service that you need but are only provided a phone number and a name. You need to discover the location of this person or business and a reverse phone lookup can help.
- You see an unknown number in your call log and you are curious to find out who it was that you talked to or whose call you missed. You can do a phone search to try and satisfy your curiosity.
- You find phone numbers on your phone bill that you do not recognize and the calls cost a lot. You are worried that there has been a mistake. With a reverse phone lookup, you can try to figure out whether you really made those calls.
If any of these situations sound familiar or you need to trace an unknown caller for any other reason, a reverse phone lookup is a quick and simple solution that can save you a lot of grief.
Is Performing A Phone Lookup Legal?
Performing a reverse phone lookup can seem like an invasion of privacy. Many people are particularly sensitive when it comes to reverse cell phone lookups since cell phones feel more personal. However, the truth is that phone lookups are 100% legal in the United States and many other countries.
A reverse phone lookup involves searching public records. Reports provided never include any sensitive information that can harm the owner of the phone number. Whether it is a cell phone, a residential phone or a business phone, conducting a reverse search is not forbidden by law since the information extracted from public records is not recognized as private or confidential.
Reverse phone lookup services are provided by phone companies and many other legitimate businesses. Such searches are not a novelty, there is nothing shady about them, and they have been conducted for a long time, primarily with the aim of preserving people’s safety and privacy. Therefore, there is no need to worry that you are doing something illegal by requesting a phone lookup.
That being said, if you turn to someone other than Who Called Me From? or another legitimate company we may or may not be affiliated to, you should carefully inspect the company’s claims and the kind of information it provides. If sensitive information is being disclosed, such as medical records, you should avoid using the company’s services. It may be obtaining data in illegal ways and it may attempt to abuse your sensitive information as well.
What Phone Numbers Can Be Reversed?
Generally speaking, any phone number can potentially be reversed. That means that you can do a reverse phone search on a home or office number, fax number or a cell phone number. Even VOIP, prepaid, and unlisted phone numbers can be reversed, but not all services offer this possibility.
What is true is every number is not equally easy to reverse. For example, residential numbers are most easily reversed while owners of cell phone numbers can be hard to trace. Unlisted numbers are difficult but not impossible to reverse. If a phone number is not given out frequently, this may diminish the chances of identifying the owner. However, even if you cannot get a complete report, you can still get useful information, like the general location and the carrier.
Who Called Me From? is here to help you try and learn more about your mystery caller, no matter what type of phone they may be using and regardless of whether the number is listed. While we cannot guarantee that we can provide a full report 100% of the time, as it all depends on the availability of information requested, we promise that we will always do our best to satisfy your curiosity.
What Information Can You Find With A Phone Number?
A phone number can help reveal a surprising amount of personal data. Thanks to billions of searchable public records, you can get results that are not limited to the owner’s identity or location. Depending on the circumstances and information availability, your reverse phone lookup report can include the unknown caller’s:
- First and last name;
- Potential aliases;
- Other phone numbers;
- Current address;
- Previous addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Accounts on social media like Facebook and Twitter;
- Potential relatives;
As you can see, knowing a person’s phone number opens up a world of possibilities when it comes to finding out who this person really is. It can help you tell legitimate businesses from scammers, friends from telemarketers, and parents from robocalls. It can provide insight into a person’s social media presence, give you a person’s new contact information, and even let you discover someone’s real age.
With reverse phone lookups, you can block unwanted calls from all numbers owned by the same person. You can avoid nuisance calls of all sorts, from pranksters to debt collectors. You can know exactly who is calling you, every time, so you do not have to let strange calls give you headaches. You get to be in control and make an informed decision each time your phone rings.
Search by State
Discover all area codes in any of the 50 US states listed below, get more details about each code, and conduct code-specific phone searches.
|Alabama (AL)||205, 251, 256, 334, 938|
|American Samoa (AS)||684|
|Arizona (AZ)||480, 520, 602, 623, 928|
|Arkansas (AR)||479, 501, 870|
|California (CA)||209, 213, 279, 310, 323, 341, 408, 415, 424, 442, 510, 530, 559, 562, 619, 626, 628, 650, 657, 661, 669, 707, 714, 747, 760, 805, 818, 820, 831, 858, 909, 916, 925, 949, 951|
|Colorado (CO)||303, 719, 720, 970|
|Connecticut (CT)||203, 475, 860, 959|
|District of Columbia (DC)||202|
|Florida (FL)||239, 305, 321, 352, 386, 407, 561, 689, 727, 754, 772, 786, 813, 850, 863, 904, 941, 954|
|Georgia (GA)||229, 404, 470, 478, 678, 706, 762, 770, 912|
|Idaho (ID)||208, 986|
|Illinois (IL)||217, 224, 309, 312, 331, 618, 630, 708, 773, 779, 815, 847, 872|
|Indiana (IN)||219, 260, 317, 463, 574, 765, 812, 930|
|Iowa (IA)||319, 515, 563, 641, 712|
|Kansas (KS)||316, 620, 785, 913|
|Kentucky (KY)||270, 364, 502, 606, 859|
|Louisiana (LA)||225, 318, 337, 504, 985|
|Maryland (MD)||240, 301, 410, 443, 667|
|Massachusetts (MA)||339, 351, 413, 508, 617, 774, 781, 857, 978|
|Michigan (MI)||231, 248, 269, 313, 517, 586, 616, 734, 810, 906, 947, 989|
|Minnesota (MN)||218, 320, 507, 612, 651, 763, 952|
|Mississippi (MS)||228, 601, 662, 769|
|Missouri (MO)||314, 417, 573, 636, 660, 816|
|Nebraska (NE)||308, 402, 531|
|Nevada (NV)||702, 725, 775|
|New Hampshire (NH)||603|
|New Jersey (NJ)||201, 551, 609, 640, 732, 848, 856, 862, 908, 973|
|New Mexico (NM)||505, 575|
|New York (NY)||212, 315, 332, 347, 516, 518, 585, 607, 631, 646, 680, 716, 718, 838, 845, 914, 917, 929, 934|
|North America ()||500, 521, 522, 533, 544, 566, 577, 588, 700, 800, 833, 844, 855, 866, 877, 888, 900|
|North Carolina (NC)||252, 336, 704, 743, 828, 910, 919, 980, 984|
|North Dakota (ND)||701|
|Northern Mariana Islands (MP)||670|
|Ohio (OH)||216, 220, 234, 330, 380, 419, 440, 513, 567, 614, 740, 937|
|Oklahoma (OK)||405, 539, 580, 918|
|Oregon (OR)||458, 503, 541, 971|
|Pennsylvania (PA)||215, 223, 267, 272, 412, 445, 484, 570, 610, 717, 724, 814, 878|
|Puerto Rico (PR)||787, 939|
|Rhode Island (RI)||401|
|South Carolina (SC)||803, 843, 854, 864|
|South Dakota (SD)||605|
|Tennessee (TN)||423, 615, 629, 731, 865, 901, 931|
|Texas (TX)||210, 214, 254, 281, 325, 346, 361, 409, 430, 432, 469, 512, 682, 713, 726, 737, 806, 817, 830, 832, 903, 915, 936, 940, 956, 972, 979|
|Utah (UT)||385, 435, 801|
|Virgin Islands (VI)||340|
|Virginia (VA)||276, 434, 540, 571, 703, 757, 804|
|Washington (WA)||206, 253, 360, 425, 509, 564|
|West Virginia (WV)||304, 681|
|Wisconsin (WI)||262, 414, 534, 608, 715, 920|
The North American Numbering Plan was created to replace a complicated phone telephone system relying mostly on switchboard operators. Read our guide on the NANP to discover how it came into existence, how it changed over the years, and how it meets modern demands.Read More...
To find out exactly how much information your phone number reveals about you and how to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands, read this informative article on the dangers you may face if you continue to give away your number without thinking it through.Read More...
Have you been receiving calls with No Caller ID? If you wish to find out who the unknown caller is, here are a few suggestions on how to discover their number.Read More...
If you do not know what vishing is and you are unfamiliar with phishing phone calls, read this guide to learn all about the latest version of phone scams and how to avoid falling victim to it.Read More...
If you start receiving an unusually high number of calls from unknown numbers claiming you have repeatedly called and harassed them, chances are your number has been spoofed. To find out how to successfully manage this situation, read this informative guide on what to do when someone is using your number for spoofing.Read More...
If you are worried about scammers pretending to be government or bank representatives, this guide can help you identify the most common government and bank imposter scams and learn how to protect yourself from phone call frauds.Read More...